Saturday, October 31, 2009

Train's "Hey Soul Sister"

Train's got a new album out: Save Me San Francisco.

It's their first album in several years, and I'm definitely enjoying "Hey Soul Sister." It's very catchy with a good straightforward beat and a fun uptick in the singer's (Patrick Monahan) voice on the chorus.

Train formed in the 90's in San Francisco. I was trying to remember when "Drops of Jupiter" was big. I've just checked Wikipedia -- it came out in March 2001 and was popular for an entire year.

Right now "Hey Soul Sister" is #56 on Billboard's Hot 100 and has been on the chart for four weeks. I would not be surprised if it continues to gain radio play and move up the chart. Here's a sample of the lyrics:

Your lipstick stains
on the front lobe of my left side brains

I knew I wouldn't forget you
and so I went and let you blow my mind


Your sweet moon beams
The smell of you in every single dream I dream
I knew when we collided you're the one I have decided
Who's one of my kind

Hey soul sister ain't that Mister Mister on the radio stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
--------

Speaking of continuing to get popular: Jason Derulo's "Watcha Say" is now #2 on the Billboard chart.