While running this morning, I listened to Bill Simmons and Joe House dissect and grade the draft.
606. I love listening to Bill Simmons talk about the NBA (I've been doing it for several years now), even though I hardly watch any games. Why do I enjoy listening to him so much? His discussions tend to be quite substantive and sophisticated, but is there something additional that is drawing me in? Is it that Simmons represents an alternate "dream" course for my life, in which I became a famous sports analyst? Is it that I respect and admire his loyalty to his father and long-time friends? It must have something to do with us being near-contemporaries, which enables me to consider his thoughts and life experiences from the perspective of my own.
607. I watched portions of a couple of this years Finals' games (Golden State defeated Cleveland, 4-1), and I was absolutely stunned by how good the players are. Was this series the highest level of basketball ever played?
- 76ers: Markelle Fultz (G) - Washington
- Lakers: Lonzo Ball (G) - UCLA
- Celtics: Jayson Tatum (F) - Duke
- Suns: Josh Jackson (F) - Kansas
- Kings: DeAaron Fox (G) - Kentucky
- Magic: Jonathan Isaac (F) - Florida State
- Bulls: Lauri Markkanen (F) - Arizona
- Knicks: Frank Ntilikina (G) - France
- Mavericks: Dennis Smith Jr. (G) - NC State
- Trail Blazers: Zach Collins (F/C) - Gonzaga
- Hornets: Malik Monk (G) - Kentucky