Friday, September 11, 2009

The Black Eyed Peas and the Pittsburgh Steelers

The Black Eyed Peas and Tim McGraw performed in Pittsburgh last night between the Steelers/Titans game. I was amazed that both performances appeared to be real (I thought all football game performances nowadays were lip-synched), and the Black Eyed Peas brought some great positive energy to their mini-show.

I think I've decided that I Gotta Feeling will go down as the song of the summer for '09, at least in terms of the range and number of people it's reached.

The Steelers won, 13-10 in overtime.

Both defenses looked incredibly good -- Troy Polamalu has got to be one of the best all-around players in the league at the moment. Ben Roethlisberger was inconsistent but did throw a nice long touchdown to Santonio Holmes just before the half.

Chris Johnson is quite fast (although the Steelers D was not giving up a lot of yards) and Kerry Collins also looked solid, so I'd imagine the Titans will go back to the playoffs this year.

Cris Collinsworth has replaced John Madden in the booth -- his analyses are solid and I guess that compared with some of the more annoying color commentators (I'm thinking of Daryl Johnston, in particular) Collinsworth is not bad.