Monday, December 31, 2012

Songs of 2012

My favorite songs of 2012:

Wind and Walls and 1904 - The Tallest Man on Earth

The Chieftains Reunion ("Whole Band") and The Chieftains in Orbit and Peggy Gordon - The Chieftains

Soul Companion - Mary Chapin Carpenter and James Taylor

Home - Phillip Phillips (I think this song's instrumental refrain will be 2012's most memorable musical motif)

Ho Hey - The Lumineers (thank you Tuck and Lizee for putting me onto this band)
 
Goodbye in Her Eyes - Zac Brown Band
 
Death to My Hometown - Bruce Springsteen

Hard Way Home - Brandi Carlile

Guardian - Alanis Morissette

The Age of Worry - John Mayer

Animal Life - Shearwater
 
I Will Wait Mumford and Sons

Among the Leaves - Sun Kil Moon

Go On Ahead and Go Home - Iris DeMent

And, my favorite song of 2012...

Some Nights - fun.

I just love this song.  Ten years from now, it will remind me of 2012, and it will still get me singing and dancing.

 
Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck

Some nights I call it a draw

Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle

Some nights I wish they'd just fall off

But I still wake up, I still see your ghost

Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh

What do I stand for? What do I stand for?

Most nights, I don't know anymore...